I READ your list of 10 influential people of West Bromwich in The Bugle (May 22 edition).
My list would include some different names of the present day whom I believe promote West Bromwich and deserve a mention as they were born in West Bromwich and still live there.
1. Blind Dave Healey who has raised many thousand of pounds and is well known for his seven marathons in seven days in seven countries and still continues to do many unbelievable challenges.
2. Mark Cowles who founded the largest St George's Day Parade in England.
3. Peter Hill, author and a Guinness Book of Record Entry for visiting the most pubs raising thousands of pounds for charity.
4. Mr Norman Cooksey, who for more than 50 years has done local community work, which included The Boys' Brigade and more recently Help the Aged.
5. Stuart Bowen who played for West Bromwich Albion and was a property developer.
6. Terry Price, local historian and author.
But sadly the only way you can be born in West Bromwich these days is if you live in West Bromwich and have your children at home.
This is due to the fact that there is no longer any maternity unit available in West Bromwich so any future personalities will be very hard to find.
D M Taylor,