Training for Wiggins crash driver
A van driver who knocked Tour de France winner Sir Bradley Wiggins off his bike has accepted the offer of a driver awareness course.
The 32-year-old athlete spent a night in hospital following the accident near his home in Eccleston, Lancashire, last November, while he was on a training run.
The four-time Olympic champion was treated for a bruised hand and ribs.
After a formal interview, the van driver, Cath Burrows, 44, was summonsed by Lancashire Police over driving without due care and attention.
It has emerged she has agreed to complete a driver awareness course.
A police spokeswoman said it considered the matter had been dealt with.
- Brierley Hill Schoolboys My first sporting heroes
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- 'The Story of England's Goalkeeper Bert Williams of The Wolves'
- Exploring Dudley Tunnel and Limestone Mines in the 1970s
- Remembering an Oldbury pub in its 1920s heyday
- 'Although it stands slanting, it's really enchanting, and an ideal place for a spree' The Siden House song