Root returns for Black Caps decider
Joe Root returned to England's Twenty20 team, at the expense of Samit Patel, for today's decider against New Zealand at the Westpac Stadium.
In a near like-for-like swap, and England's only change, young Yorkshireman Root came in for just his second cap in this format - having made his debut in India late last year.
As in Hamilton three days ago, when England lost by 55 runs, Stuart Broad chose to bowl first.
The hosts stuck with a winning team.
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- Exploring Dudley Tunnel and Limestone Mines in the 1970s
- Remembering an Oldbury pub in its 1920s heyday
- 'Although it stands slanting, it's really enchanting, and an ideal place for a spree' The Siden House song
- The Apprentice
- Making a clean sweep in May with sooty boys