Robson's a winner again
Laura Robson beat the elements in the nick of time to get a first win since the Australian Open in Miami.
The British number two beat Camila Giorgi in three sets, seeing off the Italian 6-4 4-6 6-3, with match point cashed in as a thunderstorm started.
Other courts had already cleared as a result of the weather, but Robson hung around to beat Giorgi, giving her a first victory since she beat Petra Kvitova in Melbourne two months ago.
Since then she has lost three first-round clashes, but her victory is a timely tonic for the women`s game after number one Heather Watson broke down after losing on Tuesday, saying she would be taking a break from the game, only to retract her comments.
- Making and manipulating tubes at Accles and Pollock in 1953
- Around the world hiker Tony's return home eighty years ago
- How our wedding customs are all steeped in history
- Priceless Victorian marvel put on public show for first time in 162 years
- Schoolboy soccer stars of over fifty years ago
- Iron works staff enjoying a slap up dinner, thirties style