Lib Dems win Eastleigh by-election
The Liberal Democrats have won the Eastleigh by-election, with the Conservatives pushed into third place by a late surge from the UK Independence Party.
Local councillor Michael Thornton held on to the seat vacated by disgraced ex-Cabinet minister Chris Huhne - polling 13,342 votes.
Ukip's candidate Diane James was second on 11,571 - more than 1,000 ahead of Tory Maria Hutchings (10,559) in a severe blow to Prime Minister David Cameron.
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- Remembering an Oldbury pub in its 1920s heyday
- 'Although it stands slanting, it's really enchanting, and an ideal place for a spree' The Siden House song
- The Apprentice
- Making a clean sweep in May with sooty boys
- 1935 jubilee medallion from West Bromwich business