Garcia makes it five at City
Manchester City have completed the signing of Spain defensive midfielder Javi Garcia from Benfica for an undisclosed fee.
The 25-year-old underwent a medical on Friday evening and signed a deal to become City's fifth capture of a busy transfer deadline day. Maicon, Scott Sinclair, Richard Wright and Matija Nastasic had joined the Barclays Premier League champions earlier in the day.
City gave no details of the length of contract while reports claimed the player was likely to have cost around £16million.
The former Real Madrid player will effectively replace Nigel de Jong in the squad after the Holland international left for AC Milan.
The deal was completed just before the 11pm transfer deadline and confirmed afterwards.
- Making and manipulating tubes at Accles and Pollock in 1953
- Around the world hiker Tony's return home eighty years ago
- How our wedding customs are all steeped in history
- Priceless Victorian marvel put on public show for first time in 162 years
- Schoolboy soccer stars of over fifty years ago
- Iron works staff enjoying a slap up dinner, thirties style