Soldier killed by Afghan bomb named
A soldier killed in Afghanistan by a roadside bomb has been named as Sergeant Lee Paul Davidson of The Light Dragoons.
The 32-year-old from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, died after his Ridgeback vehicle was hit while patrolling with the Afghan Uniformed Police in the Nahr-e Saraj district of Helmand province.
He leaves his pregnant wife Samantha and two sons Jayden and Jamie.
Paying tribute to her husband Mrs Davidson said: "My gorgeous husband Lee, we all can't believe you have gone.
"You are my best friend, lover and the best husband and father I could have ever have wished for.
"You really are the total package - good looking, kind, loving, generous and the best dad I have ever known.
"Your memories we had together will be treasured in my mind and heart forever, your children will grow up knowing all this about you.
"You will never be forgotten. Never. All our love, your Samantha, Jayden, Jamie and your little daughter who is on the way very soon. X."
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- 'Although it stands slanting, it's really enchanting, and an ideal place for a spree' The Siden House song
- The Apprentice
- Making a clean sweep in May with sooty boys
- 1935 jubilee medallion from West Bromwich business
- The man who made the Mayfly - that didn't