Man jailed over fridge killing
A man has been jailed for a minimum 24 years for killing an acquaintance by dropping a fridge on to his head.
Cameron McFly, 38, was found guilty at the Old Bailey of murdering Richard Ward, 37, of Battersea, south London, in November, last year.
The court heard the men were known to each other and McFly had taken Ward behind a store in Clapham Junction, south London, to rob him of money to buy drink.
He knocked him to the ground and kicked him before returning with the fridge which he dropped on Mr Ward's head.
Judge Paul Worsley jailed McFly, of Tooting, south London, for life.
The judge told McFly: "He was harmless and no threat to you. You knocked him to the ground and kicked him senseless.
"You then armed yourself with a fridge and dropped it on Mr Ward's head.
"It was a senseless and cowardly attack."
Danny Samuel, 35, also of Tooting, was cleared of murder.
- Making and manipulating tubes at Accles and Pollock in 1953
- Around the world hiker Tony's return home eighty years ago
- How our wedding customs are all steeped in history
- Priceless Victorian marvel put on public show for first time in 162 years
- Schoolboy soccer stars of over fifty years ago
- Iron works staff enjoying a slap up dinner, thirties style