Daughter's appeal over OAP attack
The daughter of a 94-year-old woman subjected to a sickening assault in her home has issued an emotional appeal for information to bring her attacker to justice.
Joyce Blencoe described her horror at the severe injuries inflicted on her mother, Emma Winnall, as she appealed for someone to turn in those responsible for the vicious beating.
The victim's daughter, speaking at a news conference in Birmingham, said: "It's broken my heart to hear my frail and defenceless mum in hospital manage to say she was screaming for help and no one came.
"To see your mum viciously beaten and covered in blood is the most horrific nightmare."
- Making and manipulating tubes at Accles and Pollock in 1953
- Around the world hiker Tony's return home eighty years ago
- How our wedding customs are all steeped in history
- Priceless Victorian marvel put on public show for first time in 162 years
- Schoolboy soccer stars of over fifty years ago
- A West Bromwich mystery On the trail of William Arthur Seymour Part Two