Boy, 15, found dead in woodland
Police have launched an investigation after a 15-year-old boy was found dead in woodland.
Officers from South Yorkshire Police were called to the scene in Barnsley at 8.30pm on Monday and discovered the teenager's body. His death is not being treated as suspicious.
A force spokeswoman said: "South Yorkshire Police were called at 8.30pm after an incident in a wooded area in Barnsley.
"Emergency services arrived at the scene off Millhouses Street in Elsecar and shortly afterwards a local 15-year-old boy was pronounced dead.
"Police are not treating the incident as suspicious."
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- Exploring Dudley Tunnel and Limestone Mines in the 1970s
- Remembering an Oldbury pub in its 1920s heyday
- 'Although it stands slanting, it's really enchanting, and an ideal place for a spree' The Siden House song
- The Apprentice
- Was Duncan Edwards among these local lads?