Baby death: Man and woman charged
A man and a woman have been charged with the murder of a seven-week-old baby girl, West Yorkshire Police said.
An 18-year-old woman and a 28-year-old man were charged after the baby, named by police as Krystal Davison, died from her injuries at Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield, in the early hours of Friday.
Officers were called to the hospital on Thursday after the girl was brought in by ambulance from an address in Ashleigh Avenue, Pontefract, with serious injuries. Officers were informed the baby had died at about 3am on Friday, the force said.
The man and woman remain in custody and are due to appear at Pontefract Magistrates Court.
- Making and manipulating tubes at Accles and Pollock in 1953
- Around the world hiker Tony's return home eighty years ago
- How our wedding customs are all steeped in history
- Priceless Victorian marvel put on public show for first time in 162 years
- Schoolboy soccer stars of over fifty years ago
- Bowlers set to mark green's centenary