Two held over pub car park shooting
Police investigating the shooting of a man in a pub car park have made two arrests and believe the attack was linked to organised crime.
The 54-year-old is believed to have been shot in the back by two men as he got out of his car at the Six Mile Bridge Inn, in Seaton Burn, North Tyneside just after 4pm on Friday.
The pair fled in a white van towards the A19. The shot man was left with injuries that are not thought to be life-threatening.
Northumbria Police said they had made two arrests, and were not ruling out the possibility of more.
A spokesman said: "The shooting is not being treated as a random attack and at this stage it is being linked to organised criminality.
"Police patrols have been increased in the area to reassure the local community."
Anyone with information about the attack is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- Exploring Dudley Tunnel and Limestone Mines in the 1970s
- Remembering an Oldbury pub in its 1920s heyday
- 'Although it stands slanting, it's really enchanting, and an ideal place for a spree' The Siden House song
- The Apprentice
- Was Duncan Edwards among these local lads?