Three held over pig's head incident
Three people have been arrested after a pig's head was left outside a community centre being used as a Muslim place of worship.
Leicestershire Police said two men, aged 37 and 46, and a 40-year-old woman had been taken into custody in connection with the incident.
The pig's head was discovered at about 7.30am on Boxing Day by members of a Muslim group arriving at a community centre in the Thurnby Lodge area of Leicester.
Officers are treating the incident as a religiously-motivated offence.
Commenting before the arrests were made, Superintendent Mark Newcombe, of Leicester Police, said officers were studying CCTV footage as part of their inquiries.
Muslims are forbidden from eating pork and previous incidents in other parts of the UK have seen extremists prosecuted for similar attempts to cause upset to members of the Islamic community.
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- Remembering an Oldbury pub in its 1920s heyday
- 'Although it stands slanting, it's really enchanting, and an ideal place for a spree' The Siden House song
- The Apprentice
- Making a clean sweep in May with sooty boys
- 1935 jubilee medallion from West Bromwich business