Temperatures set for sharp fall
Temperatures are set to plunge by as much as 10 degrees in less than a week, meteorologists said.
Warm weather is expected to arrive on Monday with temperatures climbing to a maximum of 20C (68F) in London, but it will only last a day as northern winds bring a chill to the United Kingdom which has so far seen mild autumn temperatures.
The sunshine and warmth will give way to more unsettled weather with temperatures dropping by a few degrees every day to 8/9C (46.4F) on Friday.
Alexi Boothman, a forecaster with Meteogroup, the weather division of the Press Association, said: "Clearly, it is a gradual decrease in temperatures from the beginning of the week and it is quite a marked fall in the space of a week with the air mass being turned around."
- Making and manipulating tubes at Accles and Pollock in 1953
- Around the world hiker Tony's return home eighty years ago
- How our wedding customs are all steeped in history
- Priceless Victorian marvel put on public show for first time in 162 years
- Schoolboy soccer stars of over fifty years ago
- A West Bromwich mystery On the trail of William Arthur Seymour Part Two