Olympic Games 'failed to inspire'
The Olympic Games inspired fewer than one in five people to take part in more sport, according to a new poll.
The survey also found that just 16% of women and 10% of those aged over 55 were inspired to participate in more sporting activities by London 2012.
Over half of the British public (56%) feel there is too much media coverage of football and not enough of other sports, while only 35% have noticed an increase in non-football sports stories since the Games finished.
The survey of over 1,000 people was conducted by ComRes for the Victoria Derbyshire programme on BBC Radio 5 live.
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- Exploring Dudley Tunnel and Limestone Mines in the 1970s
- Remembering an Oldbury pub in its 1920s heyday
- 'Although it stands slanting, it's really enchanting, and an ideal place for a spree' The Siden House song
- The Apprentice
- Was Duncan Edwards among these local lads?