N'Diaye in Sunderland talks
France Under-21 international Alfred N'Diaye is in talks with Sunderland, the club has confirmed.
The Bursaspor defensive midfielder, who can also play at centre back, arrived at the club's training ground on Tuesday to discuss a move to Wearside from the Turkish Super Lig club.
Black Cats boss Martin O'Neill is hoping to secure the 22-year-old's signature and get him registered in time for this Saturday's Barclays Premier League match against West Ham at the Stadium of Light.
N'Diaye signed for Bursaspor from Ligue 1 side Nancy last year for a fee reported to be ?3 million (£2.5 million) and could sign for Sunderland for a fee believed to be around £3.8 million.
The Black Cats would still need to secure international clearance for N'Diaye if he agrees personal terms and passes his medical in time for him to participate in this weekend's game.
- Making and manipulating tubes at Accles and Pollock in 1953
- Around the world hiker Tony's return home eighty years ago
- How our wedding customs are all steeped in history
- Priceless Victorian marvel put on public show for first time in 162 years
- Schoolboy soccer stars of over fifty years ago
- Bowlers set to mark green's centenary