Man killed in para jump accident
A 56-year-old man has died after his parachute apparently failed to open during a jump.
The accident happened at Strathallan Airfield near the town of Auchterarder in Perthshire.
Tayside Police said officers were called to the site shortly after 1pm on Saturday.
A force spokesman said: "Relevant inquiries are ongoing into the incident and as with all unexpected deaths, a report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal."
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- Exploring Dudley Tunnel and Limestone Mines in the 1970s
- Remembering an Oldbury pub in its 1920s heyday
- 'Although it stands slanting, it's really enchanting, and an ideal place for a spree' The Siden House song
- The Apprentice
- Was Duncan Edwards among these local lads?