Man dies after M-way 'bridge fall'
A section of a motorway has been closed after a man reportedly fell from an overhead bridge, police said.
The eastbound carriageway of the M27 at Hedge End in Hampshire was shut shortly after midnight between junctions five and seven following the death.
A Hampshire Police spokeswoman said: "Police have closed the eastbound carriageway of the M27 at Hedge End after reports that a man had fallen from a bridge over the carriageway.
"The incident happened shortly after midnight on New Year's Day. The man died at the scene.
"The road is closed between junctions five and seven eastbound until further notice while police investigate.
"The death is not thought to be suspicious at this time."
She added that the man was yet to be identified.
- Brierley Hill Schoolboys My first sporting heroes
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- 'The Story of England's Goalkeeper Bert Williams of The Wolves'
- Exploring Dudley Tunnel and Limestone Mines in the 1970s
- Remembering an Oldbury pub in its 1920s heyday
- 'Although it stands slanting, it's really enchanting, and an ideal place for a spree' The Siden House song