ITV show probing sperm bank 'hoax'
This Morning host Phillip Schofield has said the show is carrying out "ongoing investigations" amid fears it was the victim of a hoax over a story about a celebrity sperm bank.
The presenter told viewers that an interview on the ITV1 show with a businessman called Dan Richards was under review.
Co-host Holly Willoughby said: "There was something not quite right, it was so unbelievable."
Schofield said: "There is no doubt it was an incredible tale. Well, we're conducting our ongoing investigations into Dan and there is a possibility that Dan may not actually be who he says he is and the fact that the whole story may not be what it says it was."
The firm, called FameDaddy, calls itself the "first celebrity sperm donor service".
Its website offers women "a head start in life" for their children, saying it will give them the opportunity to "select a donor from our exclusive catalogue of proven winners".
Its sample profiles include an unnamed former Premiership footballer and a rock star said to have a net worth of £40 million.
- Making and manipulating tubes at Accles and Pollock in 1953
- Around the world hiker Tony's return home eighty years ago
- How our wedding customs are all steeped in history
- Priceless Victorian marvel put on public show for first time in 162 years
- Schoolboy soccer stars of over fifty years ago
- Bowlers set to mark green's centenary