'Hit and run' mobility scooter hunt
An 80-year-old woman has suffered a broken arm after she was knocked to the ground by a mobility scooter.
Police are now hunting the driver of the scooter, described as a man aged in his 70s, who left the scene following the accident in High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight at 11.20am on Sunday, October 13.
A member of the public came to the woman's aid and with her friend they helped her off the ground, according to police.
The driver is described as having a very pale complexion, aged in his 70s, grey hair, slim build and was wearing a dark-coloured hat and a black jacket.
Pc Martin Egerton, of Hampshire and Isle of Wight police, said: "We are trying to establish the details of the incident and would like to speak to the man who was on the mobility scooter as well as the member of the public that assisted the woman following the collision."
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- Exploring Dudley Tunnel and Limestone Mines in the 1970s
- Remembering an Oldbury pub in its 1920s heyday
- 'Although it stands slanting, it's really enchanting, and an ideal place for a spree' The Siden House song
- The Apprentice
- Was Duncan Edwards among these local lads?