Goode guides Warriors to victory
Sale slumped to a seventh successive Aviva Premiership defeat of the season after Andy Goode orchestrated a 23-16 win for Worcester at Sixways.
Warriors' former England fly-half scored 18 points, including a decisive try 12 minutes from time that left Sale still searching for a first league win since April.
The Sharks doubled their Premiership points tally courtesy of a losing bonus after they matched Worcester on tries thanks to touchdowns by wing Mark Cueto and full-back Nick Macleod.
Fly-half Danny Cipriani added two penalties, but Worcester prevailed after Goode's late touchdown followed a scintillating effort early in the action from Warriors' Samoan wing David Lemi.
Goode, the second highest points scorer in Premiership history behind former Sale star Charlie Hodgson, ultimately made the difference with his goalkicking.
The ex-Leicester player slotted three penalties and two conversions for a five from six success-rate, which proved pivotal in denying Sale at least a share of the spoils.
- Brierley Hill Schoolboys My first sporting heroes
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- 'The Story of England's Goalkeeper Bert Williams of The Wolves'
- Exploring Dudley Tunnel and Limestone Mines in the 1970s
- Remembering an Oldbury pub in its 1920s heyday
- 'Although it stands slanting, it's really enchanting, and an ideal place for a spree' The Siden House song