Girl dies after 'choking on food'
A nine-month-old girl has died after reportedly choking on food at a nursery.
The youngster was taken to hospital from Ramillies Hall School in Cheadle Hulme, Greater Manchester, on Tuesday lunchtime but died a short time later.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: "Police were called to an address on Ramillies Avenue, Cheadle Hulme shortly after 12.20pm on Tuesday by the North West Ambulance Service following reports a child was choking.
"Officers attended and discovered a nine-month old baby had been taken to hospital but was sadly pronounced dead a short time later.
"Inquiries are continuing to establish the cause of death."
- Brierley Hill Schoolboys My first sporting heroes
- When Harry's camera captured the coming of the motorway
- 1913 Wednesbury tube workers' strike in focus
- Was the Dambusters' bouncing bomb built in Netherton?
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- 'The Story of England's Goalkeeper Bert Williams of The Wolves'