EDL leader charged over passport
The leader of the English Defence League has been remanded in custody until the New Year accused of travelling to the United States last month using another person's passport.
Stephen Lennon, 29, appeared in custody at Westminster Magistrates' Court in London charged with possession of a false identity document with improper intention, Scotland Yard said.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Southwark Crown Court on January 7.
It is understood the investigation relates to allegations that Lennon, who was arrested on Sunday afternoon, travelled to the US using another person's passport in September.
- Brierley Hill Schoolboys My first sporting heroes
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- 'The Story of England's Goalkeeper Bert Williams of The Wolves'
- Exploring Dudley Tunnel and Limestone Mines in the 1970s
- Remembering an Oldbury pub in its 1920s heyday
- 'Although it stands slanting, it's really enchanting, and an ideal place for a spree' The Siden House song