Detainee dies at immigration centre
An investigation has been launched into the death of a detainee at an immigration removal centre (IRC).
The detainee died at Harmondsworth IRC in west London on Tuesday.
A UK Border Agency spokesman said: "This death is being investigated so it would be inappropriate to comment at this stage.
"We will work with the prisons and probation ombudsman during the investigation."
Harmondsworth IRC, near Heathrow Airport, is a purpose-built, long-term centre which holds up to 615 detainees pending their removal from the UK.
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- 'Although it stands slanting, it's really enchanting, and an ideal place for a spree' The Siden House song
- The Apprentice
- Making a clean sweep in May with sooty boys
- 1935 jubilee medallion from West Bromwich business
- The man who made the Mayfly - that didn't