Chicken spill fowls up motorway
Motorists' journeys have been fowled up by 1,000 frozen chickens.
The poultry spilled on to the M5 near Bristol after a delivery van hit the central reservation.
Avon and Somerset Police said they were called to the incident on the south-bound carriageway between junctions 19 and 20 of the motorway.
"The driver was taken to hospital with a head injury, which is not life threatening," a police spokeswoman said.
Highways Agency staff helped clear the chickens from the M5, which was reopened a short time later.
- Brierley Hill Schoolboys My first sporting heroes
- When Harry's camera captured the coming of the motorway
- 1913 Wednesbury tube workers' strike in focus
- Was the Dambusters' bouncing bomb built in Netherton?
- Dudley's Stick of Dynamite, Dennis Stevens
- 'The Story of England's Goalkeeper Bert Williams of The Wolves'