Login Register

Dudley and Cradley Heath football league round-up

By Black Country Bugle  |  Posted: December 04, 2013

Comments (0)

Sunday 1st December 2013

Premier Division

Dudley Borough United 2 - 0 Willenhall Three Crowns

Dudley Borough fought off Willenhall Three Crowns to secure a 2-0 win in a tense affair. The first exchanges saw home keeper Chris Hill do well to tip over a long range free kick, but the Dudley defense stood firm under pressure. On 30 minutes Dudley broke the deadlock when a Matt Homer long throw was headed in by Ed Davies. A fairly low-quality first half ended with Dudley 1-0 up

Half Time 1 - 0

The 60th minute brought a goal out of nothing - Nathan Kelly latching onto a long ball to lob the advancing keeper to double the home advantage. Dudley had chances to increase their lead but eventually ensuring the win took priority, and the defense ensured a third game unbeaten for the home side.

Malt Dudley 3 - 8 Pensnett United

Pensnett went into an early 2 goal lead with goals from Shaun Saunders and Brian Hickman 0 – 2. Malt then fought back and shocked Pensnett with 3 goals 1 each for Richard Hill, Darren Finch and Brad Orgil.

Half Time 3 - 2

Pensnett took the second half by the scruff of the neck and ran over Malt with goals from Roy Carter (2), and 1 each for Andy Parsons Joe Lawley, Brian Hickman & Shaun Saunders both getting their 2nd of the match.

Sedgley White Lion 3 - 4 Britannia

The game started off in Britannia’s favour with Sedgley having to deal with the early pressure, Shane Rollinson scored on his debut for Sedgley on 30 minutes finishing off a good move. Britannia had most of the possession in midfield and battled back into it scoring on 45 minutes with a goal from Alex Hill!

Half Time 1 - 1

Second half was more eventful with Sedgley starting strong and adding to their lead from a Shane Rollinson corner that was met by Luke Morton's head to make it 2-1 on the 60th minute, Sedgley continued to press and made it 3-1 on 70 minutes from Shane Rollinson. Britannia kicked into gear battling hard and found their way back into the game with a goal on 80 minutes from Matt Morris 3-2. Britannia continued to attack and Matt Morris made the game all square on 85 minutes. The last 5 minutes saw the game going back and forth with both teams having chances saved at each end, this top of the table clash was decided in the 90th minute when Britannia were awarded a penalty that was converted by Mark Brookes.

Division 1

Barley Mow Wanderers 2 - 5 Hadcroft Rovers

Half Time 2 - 3

Goal scorers for Barley Mow Wanderers: - Steve Brookes & Akil Kapasi.

Goal Scorers for Hadcroft Rovers: - Brian Jones (2), and 1 each for Will Hansard, Alan Stackhouse and David Chambers.

Bunch 4 - 0 Lloyds

In a very competitive game Bunch opened the scoring on 20 minutes with a goal from Marcus Albert. 10 minutes later Bunch increased their lead again with a goal from Marcus Albert.

Half Time 2 - 0

The second half was as competitive as the first; a good flowing team move from Bunch on 65 minutes saw Craig Hall cleverly slot the ball on to the net 3 – 0. Lloyds threw everything at Bunch trying to score but one of their attacks saw Bunch break down the right and resulted in a goal when Colm Carney lobbed the keeper deceiving everyone.

Halesowen Members 4 - 1 Forest Falcons

In a scrappy game Halesowen took a 1-0 lead into half time with a goal through rob Byrd

Half Time 1 - 0

In the second half Lewis Jones headed Halesowen 2-0 up. Forest Falcons got one back through Alex Smith but goals from Kurtis Pritchard and another Rob Byrd effort secured the win for Halesowen

Kewford Eagles Seniors 2 - 3 Dudley Olympic

The first half saw both teams getting a lot of the ball but it was Kewford who broke the deadlock when great link up play between Stephen Jeavons and James McAllister put Lee Ledington through only to be bought down in the box Stephen Jeavons stepped up and converted the spot kick 1 – 0. Kewford were on the front foot and went 2 – 0 up when a Dannie Phillips free kick was headed in to the net by Adam Stevens. Kewford then sat back and invited Dudley on to them and 5 minutes before half time Dudley were awarded a spot kick when Craig Hunt was bought down he got up and converted the kick.

Half Time 2 - 1

Dudley started the second half seeing a lot of the ball with Kewford sitting deep and equalised with 20 minutes to go 2 – 2. Craig Hunt got his second and the 3rd for Dudley 2 – 3. Kewford now came forward and had a goal ruled off for offside and minutes later a penalty denied when Lee Broome was tripped up by the Dudley players hands.

Fixtures for Sunday 7th December 2013

Joe Stanton Memorial Trophy Round 2

Britannia v Dudley Borough United Dudley Wood P1

Coseley Tavern v King William Hurst Hill

Dudley Olympic v Halesowen Members Dormston School

Hadcroft Rovers v Malt Dudley Wollaston Park P1

Lloyds v Forest Falcons Wordsley Park P1

Willenhall Three Crowns v Bunch Bentley Leisure

Division 1

Barley Mow Wanderers v Kewford Eagles Seniors Wordsley Park P2

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters